We provide research, training, technology transfer, and product development services for the highway infrastructure industry. Our projects, typically funded by federal, state, and other highway industry clients, aim to improve infrastructure performance and facilitate well-informed highway investment decisions. Our project findings and deliverables are based on sound technical concepts combined with thorough validations with field, experimental, and case studies data. Therefore they are ready for immediate implementation by the sponsor agencies, their affiliates, and the industry. Our research products range from research reports on advanced topics, guidebooks, best practice documents, design manuals, “how to” guides, instructor-led and web-based training courses, and software tools.
The topic areas we address are:
- Highway material characterization.
- Quality assurance procedures.
- Pavement analysis and design including AASHTOWare Pavement ME design and local calibration of distress models for agency implementation.
- Pavement management systems.
- Statistical modeling for performance prediction.
- Evaluation of test procedures and technologies.
- Materials, testing, and construction standards and specification development.
- Forensic analyses.
- Transportation data fusion and data analytics.
- Economic analysis and life cycle cost modeling.
- Value engineering.
DART is a sensor technology incorporated into a portable device for real-time testing of asphalt binder consistency and uniformity during production, modification, and plant mixing processes. The DART addresses a critical testing need for suppliers, contractors and owner agencies and is uniquely positioned to be a game changer in the $6-8 billion asphalt binder market. This effort is partially funded under a National Science Foundation SBIR grant. A bench-top prototype system is currently under technical evaluation for use as a finger printing compliance testing device. (pictures)
We are seeking industry partners for testing our device in their routine practice. For more details on the technology or to join our list of industry partners, please contact Dr. Chetana Rao at email@example.com.